Friday, October 31, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Our sweet lil Mocha has completed her journey here with us. I held her in my arms, as we all gently kissed her and whispered our goodbye's... She passed away Sunday afternoon, October 26th. Our hearts are broken and we're filled with a tremendous sadness as we work through our grief, trying to adjust to her not being here anymore.
Loss of a Ferret
If you've ever known the welcome
Of a funny, fuzzy friend,
That brings a ray of shinshine
When the day draws to an end-
If you've ever hugged a Ferret close
To share a tear or two,
Or maybe just a whiskered kiss
To lift you when you're blue-
If you've ever felt the wrenching pain
That only death can send-
Then losing a sweet Ferret
Is like losing a dear friend.
But God is good and teasures love
And there at Heaven's gate,
That funny face and joyful dance-
Your precious Ferret waits.
~ Author Unknown ~
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. Her bright eyes are intent. Her eager body quivers. Suddenly she begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, her legs carrying her faster and faster.
You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together...
~ Author Unknown ~
Friday, October 24, 2008
Thursday, October 23, 2008
Don't you just love this Vintage Ad for Magic Chef?! I thought it would be interesting to tuck in a few Vintage cooking-type ads with this post... since it's actually about cooking... specifically, me cooking!! Below is a photo of my Mom's cake plate 'n cover, complete with dents 'n scratches. She had this for as long as I can recall... and I feel so blessed to now own it. It gets used whenever there's cake in our home... c'mon... let's take a peek!
Tuesday, October 21, 2008
Last Saturday my Husband took me to the Flea Market. It was nice to get out and be alone with each other for a lil bit... we even had breakfast out, which for us is a big treat. It was a pretty cold day and the wind was blowing more than I cared for... but that did not stop the Fleas... We found alot of interesting things and talked with some rather colorful characters! But, the highlight was finding two vendors side-by-side who each had a 15 cent section on each of their tables... I found some more planters to add to my collection...
Saturday, October 18, 2008
It sure has been a difficult week in our home. Our sweet Ferret, Mocha, has taken up most of our time, due to her illness. I was not feeling too great at the beginning of the week, either. God blessed me with a wonderful Husband that has a pure heart of gold. He has been "doing it all" forever, it seems. Though he did not bring me flowers or candy this week, he did bring me Love. He has never faultered once in his care for me or the boys or the pets we own. Throughout this busy week, he found extra time to spend with me, to massage my aching body, to hold me and comfort me, and to pray with me. I am so grateful for all he does. Thank You, God, for allowing this amazing man to be my Husband and friend. I love him so deeply. So does Mocha... below is a photo of her. That is her favorite place to be... in her Daddy's arms...
Thursday, October 16, 2008
As some of you may know... I am a Ferret Lover. So are the guys I live with. Smart men. We are a "Rescue Home". When someone needs to re-home a Ferret, our phone rings. Sadly, most cases of re-homing are a result of terrible, wicked, horrid abuse... the term "rescue" takes on a very serious tone. Currently we have 4 "Fuzzies" living with us. I am deeply in love with all of my lil girls... they truly hold my heart. They also have their own sets of Commandments.
1. If I like something, it's mine.
2. If it's on my paw, it's mine.
3. If I can take something away from you, it's mine.
4. If something belonged to you a few minutes ago, it doesn't matter, it's mine.
5. If it was mine, it was never meant to be yours, so, it's mine anyway.
6. If I am stealing something, everything and all pieces are mine.
7. If it looks like mine, it's mine.
8. If I saw it first, it's mine.
9. If you are touching something and let it fall, then automatically, it's mine.
10. If it's broken it's yours and as soon as it's fixed, it's mine.
Responsible Ferret Guardians
2. Let me teach you to understand me and what I need from you. I will test you from time to time to make sure you remember the lessons.
3. Keep me safe and secure. Protect me from others that would harm me. I depend on you. You are my lifeline.
4. Talk to me and cuddle me. Your voice is as enjoyable to my ears as birds sweetly singing are to yours. Your gentle touch is as warm as the soft rays of the sun.
5. I need fresh nutritional food and fresh water, warm clean blankets to cuddle in during winter, cool clean blankets to lay on in the heat of the summer. My litter box and cage should be cleaned daily. Hugs and social time each and every day. Do no put me in a cage outside. I belong inside with my family.
6. I will make many mistakes. I am not perfect. Be gentle when you correct me.
7. Don't get angry at me. I am an intelligent, joyous, curious creature and WILL get into things. Know that this is how I am. I am not trying to be destructive. I depend on you to watch out for me and protect me from danger.
8. Never hit me or shake me. I am small and can be hurt very easily. When you are angry at someone or something else, do not take it out on me. I have nothing to give you but love and joy. This is my true nature.
9. Take special care of me as I grow older. I may play less but I stil love you just as much as when I was young enough to dance. Monitor me closely for I will experience ailments as I grow older.
10. When I no longer enjoy life and I am in pain with no relief, please stay with me till the end. I have given you my life and love. Don't disappoint me in my last moments here on this earth. Tell me that you love me and hold me close. Let my passing be gentle. ~ Always remember that I love you. ~
Friday, October 10, 2008
I love that big green pumpkin,
chompin' down on the
lil orange pumpkin
that couldn't get away!
Mean of me? Not really...
it's all in good fun!
There's another way to have fun
during this Pumpkin Season...
In fact, you can do this year 'round!
Carve your pumpkin online...
Yep, create a virtual Jack O'Lantern!
You can listen to spooky music, or turn it off...
You can also have a candle flickering
inside of your big orange Jack O'Lantern!
But be very, very careful...
it is extremely addicting!
No Accidents with a Knife!
Keeps Kids 'n Adults busy for hours!
Enjoy... and, God bless...
Until another time... Pearl
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Ahhh... the big box arrived today! I had the pleasure of participating in the Very Vintage Halloween Swap hosted by Heidi, at Foxgloves, Fabric, and Folly. My Swap Partner was Christine, at Mumblings of the Incoherent.
Until another time... Pearl