Friday, November 21, 2008

First Snow and Vintage Post Cards...

We had our first snow, here, today...

Big, fat snowflakes tumbling slowly to the ground...

Just enough wind to toss 'n swirl them as they fell...

They glistened like diamonds as they came to rest on the ground...

The bushes had just enough snow to look as though they were big frosted cuppies...

The bark on the trees suddenly seemed darker...

I love the peaceful feeling that comes with a first snow...

I love how everything seems to have a "hush" about them...

It's so beautiful... and clean... and bright...

I'm sharing some Vintage Post Cards that all have images with snow to celebrate today's lovely dusting of the earth...

Perhaps you will find an image, or more, that speaks to you... I hope so... and if you do, please take it as a lil gift from me to you...

And remember to click on each one to enlarge it, please... I just can never say enough about the endless talents that can be found in the artwork of those who went before us...



With Thanksgiving still to come, I just had to add some turkeys to the end of this post...
Gobble~Gobble!

May you all find a blessing in your day... Thanks so much for stopping by to visit with me... I'm still working on catching up with everyone, so please don't give up on me!

God bless...

Until another time... Pearl

10 comments:

Joanne Kennedy said...

I'm so happy you are feeling better and soon I hope you will be 100% back to your old self.

You always have the best vintage postcards. I would love to see your whole collection some day.

Sure wish we had snow here. We are just get over a heat wave. It has finally cooled off but it was still warm out today. You are so lucky to get snow.

Hugs,
Joanne

Deb said...

Hi Pearl, I love the post cards. It's so cold here tonight it would be better if we had snow. Deb

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

I love these vintage cards. I especially like the Santa with the tree under his arm. I hope he'll be stopping by my house this year that way since we don't have a fireplace. Also, the girl at the end is one of my favs too.

I love that you share these with us, Pearl.
xoxo~Tracie

The Charm House said...

Thanks for the postcards and thanks for entering my drawing!! I love your blog. Glad I found it!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thanks for sharing these wonderful postcards. You are so kind. Twyla

ksarra said...

What a blessing YOU are sweet Pearl. Your postcards are so beautiful. Reminders of days gone by. Hope you have a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving.

Glenda said...

Thank you for sharing your blog and all the great photos,I never seen such lovely pictures they are really very cute,love from Glenda

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Pearl,
You have the BEST collection of postcards and you know that I so appreciate you sharing them with me. They are all so precious, sweet and wonderful to see. Thank you.
I'll talk to you soon:) Hope you are feeling better dear friend.
Fondly,
Deb

luvmy4sons said...

I have missed your sweet comments but glad to see you are back in action. We had some snow as well...wasn't quite ready for it yet. Loved your old pictures as always!

Joyce Mineer said...

Pearl,
I am a new reader of your blog (can't even recall now how I found you - just glad I did!). I LOVE your vintage post cards; what a treat to read and use. Thank you for your generosity and I hope you're feeling better soon. Have a blessed Thanksgiving. - Joyce in NC