Wednesday, March 25, 2009

"Don't Leave Your Seats" ... "Stimulation Without Intoxication"

Since we now know that
hydrogen peroxide "cures"
Puppies that eat Chocolate...

Let's have a peek at some more
Antique Trading Cards...
circa 1880's...
These interesting two-sided cards
all have a "Medical" theme...


~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~

~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~

~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~

~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~ ♦ ~

Now, where is my "Hemlock" and
"Extract of Smart Weed" ?!?!

Here's to Good Health!

God bless...

Until another time... Pearl

5 comments:

The Little Miss said...

where did u find all these? They are awsome. Your blog just always has the neatest things ever!

Deb said...

Hi Pearl! It's sad to say I may need the Magic Corn Salve! LOL!!! Deb

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Hi "girlie~bird", I LOVE old ads! They are usually very comical! ...especially some of the ones for women's health! Medicine sure has come a long way! These are great that you shared!

So glad that Cocoa is doing better! I know that was a scare! I am so afraid that will happen in our house. Our Coco can climb to the ceiling to get whatever he wants! LOL! I am continually reminding the kids, don't leave "that" {anything with chocolate in it} unattended. Eat it or put it back in the pantry! I would have never thought to use HP. The last picture of Cocoa was super cute! Now that is one for framing!

Hope all is well with you. I'm "working" in town this week, and some of the next. I am so tired when I come home, and the house is getting a little untidy. And the laundry...oh me. As my Uncle would say I am up to my fanny in alligators. {My aunt told me that yesterday! LOL!} ...take care of yourself and I will "talk" to you soon! Big hugs, Rhonda :)

Lori said...

Oh Pearl, don't you love these? I love to find them and the pictures are always so beautiful! I even have some from the womans Temperance period! The "female remedy" ones are a hoot! Take care! Lori

luvmy4sons said...

I always have such interesing visits here! Thank you!